6 Plays That Can Drive Your Business to Operational Excellence (infographic)
In the ongoing pursuit of operational excellence, do you feel like it’s 1st and goal or 4th and long? The challenges you encounter in business can feel like you’re in the middle of the game with the clock ticking down. The moves you make and steps you take determine whether you’ll score the touchdown or come up a few yards short. But with the right mindset, plays, and strategy, you and your teammates can come through in the clutch.
Operational Excellence applies to your entire team in the organization – from the top business executives to the shop floor employees. Each player recognizes the flow of value to the customer and have a strategic plan in place to fix that flow should it experience a disruption. In other words, your employees have the ability to call an “audible” to correct abnormal conditions.
Here are six plays that can take you past the red zone and into the end zone:
- Recruit the right players and promote a strong work ethic — Instilling a culture of operational discipline is critical to victory.
- Know the X’s and O’s — Map out how operational excellence manifests itself in the office, factory, or shop floor, and determine your strategy.
- Trust your roster — Empower your workers with a game plan so when abnormal conditions arise they can call the audible for proper corrections
- Review the game film — Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators help you evaluate the quality of performance and what needs correction.
- Play to the whistle — Even when you reach your goal, you can’t let up; operational excellence revolves around continuous improvement.
- Support your fans — Understanding your customers and what it takes to satisfy their needs provides direction and value proposition.
USC Consulting Group has the keys to winning the game of operational excellence for your business. We can coach you to victory. Contact us today before time runs out.